Hey Balanced Beauties!
It’s November and we are approaching what usually becomes a very busy and chaotic time of year. With that being said, there are times when I personally get lost in the chaos and become overwhelmed with everything going on around me. However, there are different things that I do weekly that help me reset, realign and restart (especially during this time of year!) So although this is one of the most exciting times of the year for me and a personal favorite time of year, I could potentially feel overwhelmed at times by all of the extra party’s, *extra foods*, spending more money than normal, traveling and back to back holidays.
In order to take a step back from the busyness, I will usually step up my workouts, and aim to workout 5 times a week instead of 3. Although I am always incorporating yoga in my workouts, I will add more sprints, kickboxing or spinning a couple times a week in the winter. This not only will help my mind stay present and avoid the holiday stress, but will also shed those extra pounds that come along with all the holiday foods. Since this time of year is so easy to let go of any kind of healthy routine, I will often have to reset, realign and restart more than normal.
Ways that help me reset, realign and restart:
- Go for a run or long walk a few times a week
- Blast my favorite christmas music and get a good dancing workout in the house (by myself or with the hubs)…I am always dancing!!!!
- Take an EXTRA long shower (This always helps me reset!)
- Clean the house/do all of the laundry/clean a closet
- Shut down my phone a little earlier than normal
- Treat myself to a massage or facial
- Get a manicure AND pedicure
- Incorporate more healthy drinks/healthy habits for the winter
- *Drink extra water* to help flush out those high sodium foods consumed during this time of year!
These Jeffrey Campbell Coma Stretch Booties are so comfortable! I love pairing them with a dress, jeans or even leggings. They are from Nordstrom! I am a 7 1/2 and they run true to size <3
So in love with this Inca Ruched Frilled Mini dress. I love how there is stretch in it and the flare at the bottom. They have plenty of cute colors in this mini dress for the holidays! I am an XS in this dress and it runs true to size.
Have a balanced week,